Now Hiring for a Structural Engineer In Marietta, GA
ATS, a thriving Engineering Firm established in 1967,
has a structural engineering job to be filled immediately
Hiring Structural Engineers
Announcement Date: August 14th, 2018
Targeted Recruitment Area: Atlanta, GA and 90 Mile Radius Around Metro Area
Applied Technical Services Inc. (ATS) is a world-class, technologically advanced consulting and Engineering firm with extensive testing and inspection capabilities. With headquarters in Marietta, GA and over 20 branch offices and over 750 employees scattered throughout the US, ATS has established an excellent reputation within the commercial, industrial and legal communities for taking a closer look with our metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, nondestructive testing, forensic and consulting engineering, fire and explosion investigations and calibration services.
Our Commercial Services Dept. is currently seeking a Full Time Structural Engineer with a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering or Engineering Technology. The Commercial Services department specializes in the design, inspection, testing and installation of suspended access and fall protection equipment on commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
- Hands-on engineering
- Meet clients and generate proposals for inspections, testing and installations
- Perform inspections on suspended access and fall protection equipment in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, IWCA and ASME requirements
- Manage load testing and equipment installation projects from start to finish
- Perform engineering calculations on equipment and suppoting structural elements
- Generate design drawings and specifications
- Manage subcontractors assisting with installations
- Review/Generate certification reports
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering, or Engineering Technology
- A Master's degree is a plus but not required
- A minimum of 3 years of structural engineering and / or construction experience with a good understanding and knowledge of concrete and steel structures.
- Ability to take and pass the SE Exam by April 2019 or sooner
- Willingness to travel 30% or more
- Willingness to work occasional night and weekend projects v/s normal day shifts
- Strong knowledge of performing calculations for structural components (i.e. concrete slabs, steel/concrete beams, columns, etc.) using applicable codes and standards (AISC, ACI, IBC, etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to work in the field at customer sites ~50%
- Proficient in MS Office, TEDDS, Enercalc, other structural analysis software
- Be team oriented and have a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of customer representatives
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Ability and willingness to work near roof edges with proper fall protection
- Strong safety awareness in a variety of construction settings
ATS offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities. ATS full-time employee benefits include: competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401k with matching contribution, quarterly bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid holidays, and a generous paid time off/vacation package.
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.